Written by MATCHA MAYA — a solo traveller following the world’s most memorable green cups. 🍵
Matcha Maya’s note: What stayed with me in Czech Republic was not just the colour of the drink, but the small human moment around it—the conversation, the setting, and the feeling that I had found something local. ✨
Welcome to the Czech Republic – where Prague meets matcha! 🇨🇿
I'll never forget the moment I arrived in Prague. The city was a beautiful blend of Gothic architecture, cobblestone streets, and the gentle flow of the Vltava River. I had come to the Czech Republic to discover how matcha could possibly fit into a country so deeply connected to its own beer and dumpling culture.
As it turned out, Prague had a charming and delicious surprise waiting for me.
My journey began in the historic Old Town. I wandered through the charming, winding streets, past medieval buildings and bustling cafés, until I found a tiny matcha bar with a view of the Prague Castle. The barista, a friendly Czech woman named Petra, greeted me with a warm smile.
"In Prague, we believe in beauty," she said. "And matcha is a beautiful new addition to our city."
She handed me a matcha latte and a Czech pastry. The matcha was creamy and perfectly balanced, and the pastry was flaky and delicious. I took a bite, followed by a sip of matcha, and I was transported. The sweetness of the pastry and the earthiness of the matcha were a match made in heaven.
🇨🇿 My Favorite Matcha Spots in Czech Republic
Matcha Bar – Prague
In the heart of Prague, I discovered a matcha bar that serves traditional matcha lattes and creative matcha desserts.
Chora Café – Brno
This charming café in Brno serves a delicious matcha latte with a view of the city's beautiful architecture.
Taigu – Český Krumlov
In the fairy-tale town of Český Krumlov, I found a matcha café with a view of the castle.
✨ My Personal Reflection
The Czech Republic taught me that matcha can be as beautiful and timeless as a Prague sunset. It's not just a drink – it's a moment of wonder, a celebration of the beauty of the world.
Have you ever tried matcha in the Czech Republic? Share your story below! 🍵
🍵 Discover More Matcha Journeys
Regional Guides:
🌍 Global Guide |
🌎 South America |
🏰 Europe |
🏯 Asia |
🍁 North America
🍵 Quick FAQ: Matcha in Czech Republic
Where should I start looking for matcha in Czech Republic?
Start with independent specialty cafés and Japanese-inspired bakeries; they are usually the most thoughtful places to ask about matcha quality.
What should I order first?
A simple hot matcha or iced matcha latte makes it easiest to notice the flavour and the café’s preparation style.
How can I make the visit feel more local?
Ask the barista what local ingredient or pastry they pair with matcha, then take your time and enjoy the ritual.
🌿 Find your next green ritual
Open the regional guide for more local matcha inspiration.
Explore the regional matcha guide →
Comments
Post a Comment